Thursday, May 04, 2006

Planning for Next Year

I LOVE planning school! At the end of each year, it's fun to look back over what I had planned and compare it to what we actually did. This year I have been reminded of the Lord's faithfulness over and over as I have considered what I had "planned in my heart" and how He "determined our steps" (Pr. 16:9). It's fun to prayerfully make a framework for the coming year and then see how God takes it and makes it something wonderful.

With that in mind, here's what I've got so far for next year:

For my 7th grader:

Reading: Abeka Literature (co-op with a friend), selections from Sonlight 7 & WTM list
Language: Prentice Hall Writing and Grammar

Math: Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra
Spelling: Everyday Spelling
Science: Bob Jones Science 7 (for co-op)
Social Studies: McDougal Littell “Celebrating Texas : Honoring the Past, Building the Future (co-op)

History: Listen to or skim Story of the World 3
Health: Switched on Schoolhouse
Latin: Latina Christiana I (finish), begin II
French: Rosetta Stone
Critical Thinking: Critical Thinking Book 1 (summer and fall)
Logic: Traditional Logic (Memoria Press DVD course) (introduce in the spring)



For my 5th grader:

Reading: Selections from Veritas Press 5th grade list
Language: Abeka God’s Gift of Language B
Spelling: Abeka Spelling and Poetry grade 5

Math: Math-U-See Epsilon
Science: Bob Jones Science 5
History: Story of the World 3- Late Renaissance/ Early Modern
Latin: Latina Christiana I (finish), begin II
Spanish: Switched on Schoolhouse Elementary Spanish (with Dad)
Critical Thinking: Revenge of the Riddle Spiders & Mindbenders software

"Lord, you are the true Master Teacher. When they are taught by You, they are taught well indeed. Thank you for the gift that is homeschooling. I invite You to change what needs to be changed and renew what needs to be renewed. Take these books, our time and my planning and weave them together into a schoolyear that truly educates these children of Yours and brings honor to Your name. Amen."

"May He give you the desire of your heart and may all your plans succeed."

Psalm 20:4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin